On the 8th June, all year 10 students had the opportunity of attending Murdoch University. The purpose of the excursion was to give the students the chance to have a look around the campus and have a small experience of what it would be like to be a university student. Students had the chance to work on a facial reconstruction in a forensic course, or learn about design graphics and gaming. Along with inspiring the students, it gave them an insight into what is required to get into some of these courses.
Below are some of the student responses.
- Met open minded people.
- The campus was welcoming, with great facilities.
- Good food in the refectory.
- The interactivity of the gaming program was great, with an informative lecturer.
- Opened my eyes to the work of forensics.
- I liked the freebies.
- I discovered I can do two courses at once, as a double major or double degree.