Dear SCBC Community,
We wanted to take this opportunity to share with you our plans around parking solutions for the College. We are very appreciative of the support from our community and the continued willingness to try and make things work. As you are no doubt aware the College has grown considerably, with our biggest year being 2021. This has not been without its challenges, however, we have been actively putting plans in place to ensure our infrastructure will serve us well both now and into the future.
What have we done?
- The school bus pick-up and drop-off service has been redirected to inside our property. This has helped to improve the care given to those students who catch the bus, as well as alleviate the congestion along Oakwood Crescent.
- We have reduced the cost of catching the bus to be $1/trip. This has helped to improve the uptake of this service which helps reduce the number of cars needing to access our premises.
- We have increased the number of staff parking bays which has helped reduce the load on our generally accessible car parks.
What are we doing?
- New street parking bays have been cut in to both Fairview Drive and Oakwood Crescent that will accommodate up to 15 car bays.
- A new car park is being built off Fairview Drive that will accommodate up to 19 car bays.
- A new secure bike lock-up area has been planned to be constructed over the holidays that will accommodate up to 88 student bikes. This will help to encourage more students to ride to school.
- Phase 1 of our new express drop-off and pick-up run is currently in the process of planning approval. This has been brought on sooner to help alleviate current congestion, and will accommodate 11 new express car bays.
How can you help?
- To help manage good relations with our neighbours, we request that our College families avoid parking on our neighbours lawns or driveways.
- Exercise care when dropping off or picking up. Importantly we want to ensure the safety of students and pedestrians who walk along footpaths and cross roads near the College.
- Showing courtesy to others. We understand the frustrations of the morning commute, and stress levels can escalate when traffic appears to be moving slow. Taking time to show courtesy to others helps to ensure we don’t allow the stress to escalate.
- We understand that some parents prefer not to park, but rather use our front or rear carpark to drop of their child. In doing this, please ensure that your child is old enough to hop out of the car and enter the College so that you can remain in your car and move on so that traffic doesn’t back-up.
Thank you for being part of our College. We hope that the above solutions will help to improve traffic and parking, and provide a better experience for our families.
Director of Finance & Operations